School Closure – Home Learning
25th-29th May 2020
Our class home learning plans will now be uploaded here each week. Please complete the enquiry form below if you have any questions regarding the home learning activities. Thank you.
Digital Learning Team
The Digital Learning Team have added some parent/carer guidance to their website – please click the link for further information. Please continue to use the form at the foot of this page if you are experiencing any difficulty accessing your virtual classroom.
Remote access to the City of Edinburgh Council’s Microsoft Office 365 enables students and teachers to share learning remotely. Please ensure that ALL pupils adhere to the following ICT Code of Conduct.
Access and Safety:
- You will be issued with an account username and password. This gives you access to school computers and to Microsoft Office 365 on the internet.
- Where possible, you should try to learn these details. This ensures you can access your account independently.
- You should never share your account or password with another person or try to access another person’s account.
- You must log off from Office 365 after using it on a computer outside of school.
- You should not answer or forward suspicious-looking messages or emails.
- If you notice anything suspicious with your email, account or files, you should report it to the ICT Co-ordinator, Mrs Lunniss.
- School rules must be followed when using your account and the internet.
- When using the system, you must ONLY use it for educational purposes as directed by your teacher. The Office 365 applications, including email and teams, should UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be used for anything other than learning set by your teacher.
- If engaging with an internet community, you must be polite, non-disruptive and you must not reveal any information about yourself or others.
While using your school account you should NOT:
- Send or display offensive messages or pictures – all accounts are monitored.
- Distribute or share information related to criminal activity.
- Set up new teams, add or delete members, use the system for non-learning related ‘chat’ or make video calls.
- Spread or knowingly download malicious software.
- Tell anyone your username and password or allow others to use your Office 365 account or products.
- Computer and networking software must not be tampered with.
I have read and agree to follow all the rules and guidance stated in the Leith Walk Primary School ICT Code of Conduct. I understand that if I fail to follow these rules then my access to internet services and the school network may be withdrawn and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
Troubleshooting – Digital Access Enquiries
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing Office 365 during the school closure, please complete the following enquiry form. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible, although it may take longer than usual. Thank you.